Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Making the State of the Union tolerable

How the hell did you do that, you ask?

I had four long necks before the thing ever came on. I was blitzed - and luckily for everyone on my block relatively subdued to sit through the speech. I will admit that halfway through I found it necessary to request a Jack on the rocks from the tall one (I couldn't have poured it if I tried) but we made it through the whole speech.

And what's the deal with this "and we're going to find new sources of energy in ethanol and other alternative fuels?" What a change of song!!! Yet he doesn't even believe a damn word of it! I mean really, his daddy, all his good ole boy clubs and the oil corporations that funded his past two campaigns would turn against him in a heartbeat. And even if he didn't care - I still don't believe it...until I see it...and breathe it.

God help America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home