Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Self pity always hurts

I had to jeopardize my credibility to one of Nashville's larger media sources yesterday, just to make my client happy (my client for only the next six months.) I hate that.

It's the rule in media:

If you have a story that you really, really like about a client you really, really, really like and its worth every bit of the 2:00 for a package and you've spent tons of time planning for it...the media will never show.

But if you hate a story idea, realize it's not worth mentioning, but the client insists you pitch it and you do, don't even make follow-up calls and get sick thinking about media coming...they will come.

As you can guess, the later was me yesterday. I'm glad the client is happy, I'm glad to have my job, but having to bite the bullet and pitch what you know is a terrible story idea every once in a while because the client insists...sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Plimco said...

That stinks, sister. Try performing a play that you don't believe in, think is poorly written, poorly directed and want to give every audience member a personal refund. I've done that before...

Hey, thanks for linking to my casserole. Today we're having broccoli chicken with the curry and the cream of chicken soup and I think mayonaise is in it too. Yum.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home