Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm way too competitive

I'm getting home-boring.

I can be a blast if you meet me out and about with a tumbler of Jack or swinging around the columns of the Parthenon and running with the pigeons, but I'm home-boring.

Let me try and explain in several points.

Last night the Wraith and I went to Target to buy curtains for my house (Pt. 1) in hopes to make my gas bill less painful (subtract 1 pt. for functionality.) We split up and by the time we got back together I had a curtain rod, a set of curtain panels and an olive oil container to put my dish soap in (Pts. 2, 3 and 4) and the Wraith had a wok, Mancala, a three-in-one chess, checkers and backgammon set and the special edition DVD of the Iron Giant (Pts. 5, 6, 7 and 8.)

"Board games? I love board games!" I thought. We returned to the games section to see what else they had. Board games have become substantially cheaper due to the video game surge lately and I picked up Monopoly for $9.97 with a rebate card attached (Pt. 9.)

I should preface this next part with the fact that I never got to play Monopoly at my house when I was growing up because by the time I was old enough to understand, a great deal of the paper money had been misplaced in other games including "grocery store," "pet store," and "fortune telling" (reading the future costs big bucks.) So I was kind of clueless. This should have been a sign - a sign not to play.

We start playing and of course, my amateur skills and bad dice rolling luck quickly get me into ugly mortgages, bad property trades and quite a tiff. This is your warning - don't try and teach me a new game unless you have very thick skin...and don't expect me to smile through my first reaming.

All in all, the Wraith was a good sport and tried to teach me a life lesson of patience. And like all before him, he fell to my die-hard (and accepted) personality flaw that can not be overturned.

He said I should work on it. I hear that a lot. I always try, but gosh darn it I just wanted to put a house on North Carolina Ave. and get out of all my debt. But then again, maybe the game was just a little too similar to my real life for me to take right now.

...I'll get him one of these days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My control of the utilites and transportation sectors of Atlantic City will always doom you...

O_0

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home