Monday, September 26, 2005

What we choose to write

We all have different writing styles. Different things that nag us until we write them down and different ways of expressing them. Some of us only write the things that we wouldn't dare tell another soul and some of us broadcast our rants and adventures over the entire blogosphere.

I have always written in the "a day in the life of..." form. A story of chance meetings and key moments that make up an experience that in some way affects how I feel or think about life. It's how I best express myself.

I have always been attracted to those who can openly write about nothing but their opinions. Who can say, "this is what I think, and this is how it is." Maybe it's a strange fear that for some reason you and I disagreeing will end up in my loss of your acquaintance or maybe it's just because I prefer to always be perfectly balanced in my own mind. It's probably a combination of both - neither of which carry much merit and I will work on remedying the matter.

Regardless, some of you may have noticed that there is only one link on my list of "other blogs worth a peep." If you have not peeped, I beseech you to do so today. You can never know what Aunt B will be talking about on her Tiny Cat Pants, but you always know she will be speaking her mind and eloquently answering any questions (or addressing any comment) raised by her readers.

Today she talks about, among a plethora of other things, hope (it kind of reminds me of the notes you take on the back of an envelope when you go on a plane ride, "Ooh! Don't forget that...and why does this work this way?")

Hope is a crazy thing (though usually not explained like that) and I appreciate B's scatterbrained and painstakingly honest remarks that among other things, remind me that I'm not the only one who can't stay on the same thought for a whole two sentences.

So check out her Renewed Sense of Optimism today, and check into hers as often as you're on the interweb. While you may get an amusing account of the Life of E here, you're sure to gain a mind (and ear) full of good stuff over there, updated at least twice daily.

Bon apetit.


(p.s. - also, please buy a Tiny Cat Pants shirt so B can come drink beer with me at the Flying Saucer...I recommend the avocado green ringer tee...it looks great with jeans and chiffon skirts. I know from experience.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

elizabeth, i think i might have to join this blogspot thing. it looks fun and although i already have a journal online, why not have more? i mean, really. :)

your babysitting adventures sound long and tiring...and very much fun. you are gonna be the coolest mom ever. someday. i can't imagine any of us moms yet. how cool is that gonna be?

oh and i like the tiny cat pants tees. i might just have to get one. once i get my paycheck, that is!

love you lots!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

update: i have one now! now how do i add you to my page?

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey elizabeth! Your adventures sure sound exciting! But you've always had a crazy ride. Seeing the pic of you and your horse made me miss the good ole days when I actually rode with you or watched you wash one. I may use your blog for a project :-)...love you..miss you

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home