Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Ass Scabs

My sinuses are packed to the limit with chunky, mustard-green mucus.

Usually when I feel illness coming on I drink water to the point that I can not leave the bathroom and promptly go home after work and avoid germy, public places. Last night, this was not the case.

What an amazing evening.

There were several celebrities among us: the Professor, Butcher and my favorite Princess. And a couple I admire most were with me as well - my sisters (SEE-stors.)

Trivia is fun. Trivia is more fun when you are on a predominantly female team of some of the most diverse and wonderful women in the eastern U.S.

We got the sciatic nerve, Marcia Clark, and the year the Globe burned within three years; and if we would have listened to my first Nashville friend we would have left Nixon over Mandella and gotten the final wager right to take a second place victory (over my usual team...I am frightningly competitive, this would have made my whole day.)

The best part of the night though was being with this group of gold and silver friends. Each brings a valuable set of experiences to the table that inevitably made us a force to be reckoned with. I could not stop smiling.

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and one I'm glad I got to share with my sisters (SEE-stors) and my favorite Princess. Maybe next year we'll have another opportunity and the Ass Scabs will be reunited to take over the world - or at least Trivia Night.

2 Comments:

Blogger the big E said...

Lady, you were ROCKIN' at trivia. I mean really, if we would have listened to Jessica about spelling "procibusicusoisjsfs" we wouldn't have needed to get the final wager right anyways :) Let's do it again soon.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Woo hoo. If we can get a couple of the guys in "We're Going to Cheat Tonight" to put on skirts, we could have an awesome team.

Because, of course, putting cute guys in skirts always makes them better at trivia... right?

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home