Friday, July 22, 2005

RDD

Relaxation Deficit Disorder – n. – a true to life disability that I suffer from.

RDD is a state in which you rarely have any noticeable time to yourself and when you do, you have no fucking clue what to do with yourself, because, come on, you should be doing something!!!! So you pace the floors, try on three pairs of shoes, five different pairs of pants with shirt combos…(ok, that’s because you’re going to see a movie with the Songwriter and you’re still not sure why you don’t throw on a bandana and Chacos like usual…)

But seriously, folks, I have issues just “chillin.’” I have more issues with my being tired seemingly all the time lately, but this is right up there.

Maybe I should start making a list of things to do that would entail “doing absolutely nothing.” I mean, let’s face it, you’re always breathing, thinking, blinking, farting, swallowing, etc. These are things you can’t stop (thank goodness, b/c Lord knows I would forget.)

So, I present to myself, “Things to do to achieve some level of enjoying yourself in doing ‘nothing:’”

1. Cook for yourself.
2. Take a bath…shave your legs
3. Write a note to someone you haven’t talked to in a while – or Myra next door.
4. Put the Christmas mp3s on shuffle and make spiced tea
5. Plot world domination/peace/whatevs
6. Go for a walk to Las Paletas and eat a few yummy popsicles
7. Make up a really good mantra – it might come in handy someday
8. Brush Mumbles…VACUUM (wait, that’s too much of something, but necessary.)
9. Make the perfect compilation of songs for every emotion/occasion
10. Research something you’re passionate about
11. Determine what you’re passionate about
12. Take a nap

Alright, that’s enough. I’ll be prepared to do nothing next time the opportunity presents itself. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home