Monday, August 22, 2005

Things that make us happy

My next door co-worker was at Defcom level 5 depths of despair, pretty much all day. She just got a call back from an email she had sent a journalist who is interested in her story. She has rocketed to Cloud 11.6. Yes, journalists returning a PR professional's call can sometimes have that much of an affect on us.

I was just visiting my favorite blog in the blogosphere (because she's remarkably witty and an astounding feminista) and found that she now has t-shirts for sale with her blog's colors. I am overwhelmed with excitement and am now struggling trying to decide which color ringer tee I want. I think it's going to be marigold.

I got a call from a man earlier today that said he didn't want my "fucking republican speaker" talking to his club. This made me insanely happy and I wish I could have told him that I didn't want that bastard speaking to him either.

On Saturday I went to Anipalooza to benefit the Nashville Humane Society. A few things made me happy:
1. I didn't take home a new fury friend, even though I was drunk enough to do it.
2. I got a $250 string of pearls and earrings for $85 - and it all went to the homeless animals.
3. Breaking in the dance floor gives me an insatiable high.

These are the things that made me happy today. Tomorrow, I'm sure it will be back to the same ole, same ole. Good bed head, no Mumbles vomit on the floor and warm bread from Subway. But today, these things are floatin' my boat quite nicely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt B said...

I hear those T-shirts bring good luck at trivia, too. But that could be just an urban legend...

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home